Monday 15 April 2013

SPRINGTIME

Are we there yet? 

This has been bitter and cold; and yet it comes late with a cautious joy at the new Spring. The sunlight I mean.... I actually took my coat off for a while... and cheeks burn with the radiant heat for the first time  since; I can't remember when. I don't think it is good for us to not see the sun, but too much is bad for us too I am told. 

Okay, so the point is....
Being burdened by the rule of the time; as the days lengthen there seems to be more ease, less constriction, a long let out breath so deeply held. Do you remember the scent of Spring? Like a taste but on the air? Time to create, to return to the joy of being after a bitter brutal winter.
I know that in this northern place we are upside down in our seasons. But it is,  as they say a Metaphor. Sometimes there is warmth, even when the clouds gather..... time to reflect on the things within yearning to find expression. As so the rain falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment